Saturday, January 23, 2016

Sometimes a little pampering can go a long way...

It's no secret that the last few days have left me feeling defeated and ready to throw in the towel and let PCOS win again. 

Yesterday, I took the day off work to go to a doctors appointment. Not just any doctors appointment, but the appointment I have been waiting for for so long! 
I was finally able to pick up a CPAP machine and learn how to use it. It was exciting, and a little overwhelming. I was told to take my time. And to let myself get used to the mask and the machine. It was normal for it to be an adjustment. 

I have been waiting for sleep for SO long. So LONG.
 
I decided that I was going to spend the day rewarding and pampering myself. I did a little shopping, and planning in my head, went tanning, and got my nails done! I even stepped out of my comfort zone and cut my hair!! 
Cutting my hair is terrifying. But, thankfully, I have some pretty talented friends! 

A little self love and I was feeling 400 times better about myself. And this journey. 
I even heard "you look great" three times yesterday. 

Worth it. 


I really wanted to see what I could do, so last night, I went to sleep like this...


I'm sure it will help me find a man... 
But, whatever. 

I was able to wear it for the first 3.5 hours of my sleep. And this is what that sleep looked like according to my Fitbit 

That's not great. But, I haven't had gaps in my restlessness like that since August! 
My body is used to me stopping breathing for at least 10 seconds, 14 times an hour. So, improvement is improvement.
I did put the mask on again for another hour and a half later in the night. It is weird. It is hard to adjust to. 
But, I have to believe it's worth it. 

Hopefully tonight is a better attempt. 
I really want to make it a whole night with the mask. 

Tomorrow is my official weigh in day, but according to the scale this morning, I am ONE pound away from my first adventure goal. I can't wait to reward myself with this adventure this spring! 
I also am 10 pounds away from my last big weight loss feat. When I moved to Arizona, I was feeling super healthy! I'm almost back to that weight again. 

I'm not giving up. 
And thank God, I didn't when I felt those set backs this week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment